As many of you will know I am the serving Rector of Edinburgh University. I want to continue working for a fairer, more sustainable University, as I’ve done during my 3 years as Rector.
As your Rector I think I’ve made a real difference to the University for students and staff. Campaigning for free education, a better deal for staff and fairer accommodation has helped create a better University community. I want to continue making that difference.
I have supported and led campaigns for:
• A better deal for international students – freezing fees through course of your degree;
• Fairer housing – a landlord accreditation scheme and 106-bed housing cooperative;
• The new student housing just opened and nearing completion;
• Better feedback for students;
• A more sustainable University – withdrawing money from the arms trade;
• Better conditions for postgraduate tutors and demonstrators;
• Living wage for staff and an end to unfair zero hour contracts.
I am running for a second term to continue the fight for staff and students:
• Opposing fees: free, fair and funded education for all;
• A rent cap and tenants’ union – fairer housing;
• Investment in teaching quality and feedback;
• Ethical investment of University reserves.
If you want to get in touch, please do so below.