PEDAL – Portobello Transition Town are planning to hold the 4th annual Portobello Car Free Day 2010
Sunday 19th September 1.30 – 4pm
Bottom of Bath Street, near the Prom
Dress up your Bike workshop – Friday 17th September 2-4pm
Ashpits, Towerbank Primary School – £2 donation
A chance for kids and adults to recycle willow, cardboard, plastic, and other materials to turn your bike into a bike worth parading!
Bike Parade – Sunday 19th September 1.30pm
Meet at the Prom end of Kings Road at 1.15 to set off at 1.30pm: first visiting the proposed community turbine site, then taking a child friendly back street route via Adelphi Place and Rosefield Avenue to the bottom of Bath Street.
Car Free Day Street party – Sunday 19th September 2-4pm
Bottom of Bath Street by the Prom (and also Straiton Place between Bath Street and Regent Street if the residents want to have a street party).
Stalls will include:
– PEDAL Food and Energy stalls, and Transport stall with questionnaire
– Spokes Bike Campaign stall
– Food and Bric a brac stalls, etc.
– Lothians and Borders Police security marking bikes
– Tyre planting – grow food in a tyre (especially for those with no gardens)
– If you want to hold a stall (e.g. to raise money for your local good cause, then let us know).
We hope to have quiet acoustic music and to have Cosybike back again this year, and hope to end with a Storybike journey for those who want, leaving Bath Street for Leith at 4pm and hearing stories of Portobello and Leith on the way.